Feeding Your Pet
To minimize disruption to your pet’s schedule, we recommend you use food your pet is familiar with. However, Wye River Kennel can provide food, at no additional cost.
When providing your own food, please ensure each meal is separately portioned. Additional charges may apply if kennel staff must portion food for you.
All guests receive treats daily. If your pet has food allergies, please notify us at check in. We are happy to give your pet special treats, that you supply, if requested.
- Owner supplied food that is not properly proportioned will be subject to an added charge of $1.00 per day for each day your pet is with us.
- All guests receive treats on a daily basis. If you pet has any food allergies or digestive disorder, please inform us of such and feel free to bring one small bag of treats for your pet’s stay.
If your pet is on any medication, we require the pills be portioned out in a pill container for the duration of their stay. Please provide specific instructions upon check-in for your pet’s medication.
A $1 per meal charge is added for medication in pill form.
A $3 per dosage is added per injectable administered.
We recommend you provide a little extra medication in the event your pet’s stay is unexpectedly extended.
Wye River Kennel must have evidence from a veterinarian of the vaccinations listed below prior to the arrival of each pet. Recommended but not required : Flu, Lepto, and Lyme.
- Dogs: Current Rabies and Bordetella vaccines and, for dogs under 2 years of age, Distemper / Parvo vaccines are required!
- PLEASE NOTE: In order for the bordetella (Kennel Cough) vaccination to be most effective, it is required to be given AT LEAST 72 hours prior to your pets boarding here at Wye River Kennel. Bordetella vaccinations given within 12 months of your pet’s stay are accepted.
- If you are unable to get a vet appointment in time WRK can provide the bordetella shot for $30. Call us to discuss.
- Cats: Annual rabies, depending on vet documentation, annual respiratory; annual distemper.
- Other Pets: Vet-recommended, species specific vaccines required.
SHOT RECORDS: It is the owner’s responsibility to obtain their pet’s shots records and provide them to Wye River Kennel.
2. Make Reservation
Reservations must be confirmed
3. Check In
With your reservation confirmed we recommend that you make your check-in as short as possible.
A $25.00 non-refundable deposit will be collected at the time of your booking is confirmed. This deposit will be deducted from your final bill.
Any emails received after 2:00PM or phone calls after 5:00PM will most likely be answered after 9:00 AM the following day.
Pet Information Form
Current clients adding a new pet will need to fill out this form and bring it in, mail it, or email it to us.
We use PawLoyalty to on-board new customers and pets as well as take reservations.
Each new client will need to fill out a waiver.
Click one of the buttons below to submit or download our waiver form.
Book Your Reservation
If you have an account with Pawloyalty then click the button below.
301 Sportsman Neck Circle Queenstown, MD 21658-1281
Bay Bridge Traffic Cam
- MON - SUN 8 am – 4:00PM
- MON - SUN 8 am – 4:00PM
(Closed to Drop Off & Pick up)
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
- Just like a hotel, all guests checking out after 1pm will be charged for that day.
- For our boarding guests, if you need to drop off/pick up prior to 8am a $20 charge will be added to your stay.
- For our boarding guests, if you need to drop off/pick up after 4pm, a $20 charge will be added to your stay.